The creation process of every art work is a sacrament, when the complex miniature world develops from “nothing”, little by little. Technically, during the creation, every work of art goes through several stages of technology. But no “small world” can be created without inspiration, without individual energy of imagination.
I find my inspiration for the compositions in the surrounding world, nature, quintessence of impressions and sensations, which I get from the different parts of our planet, and from the different situations of life. Eventually, my inspiration is the energy coming from the outside, passing through the prism of thoughts, self-feelings, and realized in my works of art.
The making of every work of art includes a number of fascinating technological operations and whole art areas, connecting with the most interesting and beautiful of hobbies. A lot of sciences are used during the creation, such as: the project’s design, sketches, paintings; mathematical calculations of constructions, proportions and locations; architectural projection; drawing of all the project`s elements, specially architectural constructions; the history, which is often the basis and historical inspiration for miniature`s creations.
Chemistry is used during the materials preparation and estimation of their compatibility (I have a small laboratory for testing the new composite materials ). Geology and Botany are used during the gathering of parts of the plants, for the miniature flora design.
The making of every project passes through different stages of landscapes, bases and materials processing, creations of different colour effects on the wooden elements, covering by the special compounds and lacquers. Then follows the moulding, the transparent volumetric etudes creation, the flora making, its setting onto a landscape, architectural construction, other elements construction, and the final assembling.
The natural appearance of the elements is achieved by using the natural materials. These materials are in accord with the originals. Of course, except unsuitable materials, such as water or snow. I use wood, paper, cardboard, parts of plants, sand, beautiful stones, metal. Another advantage of using natural materials is their long life, which differs them from the quickly decomposed plastics. Most of the materials are tested by time and can endure decades, if the correct conditions of preservation are observed.
The next rule used during the creation is the strict identity with real existing objects. For example, the depth of rivers water is achieved by a cutting a deep channel and the large level of poured ”water”, but not due to the painting of the flat, shallow surface.
Nevertheless, as I wrote earlier, the integrity and harmony of every composition is achieved due to inspiration - the energy which allows me to imagine the models of the future miniatures very detailed in my imagination before their creation, the energy, which enters one to the special condition, when the feeling of art process leads it out of the bounds of time and space.
As an example I will show a few stages of the creation of a wooden house.
1. The main instruments and materials are the matches, blades, tweezers, glue.
2. The first stage is to sort the matches. Only straight matches can be used.
3. Cutting off the heads of the matches.
4. The useable matches were put in a box.
5. The matches are cut lengthwise. So the lamellas are made.
6. The sticks and lamellas.
7. The boxes are full of the materials. The wood had been sorted into sizes.
8. The drawing is the basis of the future art work.
9. The glue covers the base of the future model.
10. Attaching the wooden wall element.
11. The second level.
12. Making the walls. The levels are attached one to each other until the necessary height riched.
13. The walls are ready.
14. The doors and windows reveted.
15. Making the wooden panel for roof from the matches. The matches are attached one to each other with the glue on the glass surface.
16. The element flattening.
17. Cutting the part of the panel.
18. The roof finished.
19. The porch and decoration finished. The house is ready!
A few photos of the other stages of process:
If you have any questions about details of this work, you can leave me a message.